Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We will be reopening Monday, 18th May 2020 at 5.30am. There will be restrictions in place, please read information
Please read the following important information regarding COVIDThe Centre is working to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff is maintained.
We are working to ensure our centre remains a safe place to visit and work. The health and safety of our community is our main priority, we always uphold a high standard of hygiene within the centre, however are taking extra precautions during this time.
We hope you will do what you can to take care of yourself and those around you, we also encourage you to use and support our community facility with confidence while it is safe to do so.
Please see the latest update on the situation below.
Remember is you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of the flu, cough or cold to please remain away from the centre until you are feeling 100%.
Reopening Monday, 18th May 2020
Update - 20/05/2020 8:00amPOOL REOPENED MONDAY 18TH MAY WITH RESTRICTIONS. School gates will be closed between 3.05pm and 3.20pm weekdays. Please ensure you display your free pool parking card in your vehicle whilst at the centre and park in the designated areas. Card is obtainable from Reception
Update - 12/05/2020 10:43am
We are pleased to announce we will be reopening on the 18th May at 5.30am. Please read information regarding changes to how we operate for the immediate future until otherwise advised.
- Customers will be require to maintain social distancing. Casual visitors are required to sign the Contact Tracing Register on entry and exit. Memberships & Visit Passes will be able to be tracked via swipe card
- No cash, paywave payment only. If no paywave, eftpos machine will be disinfected after use
- Customers to refrain from using showers and shower at home. These will be closed off for use due to social distancing and water restrictions. Toilets are open. This will be reviewed regularly under guidance of Council.
- If changing at centre, please wipe down your area, disinfectant will be provided with paper towels to assist us keeping a healthy safe centre
- There will be no sauna, steam room. Adult spa will be open and places marked to ensure social distancing. Family spa will no longer be available for families due to lack of social distancing and will be available for additional adults that require it.
- Leisure Pools (Wave & Toddler Pools) will be available via bookings only for 90mins (max 20 pax) starting from 11am - 12.30pm and so on. Please book via our reception team 8157001. We can not operate waves however.
- Maximum 4 people per lane for public and 6 per lane for squads, and no standing together at end of lanes
- Staff will be cleaning the centre regularly and wiping surfaces with disinfectant. Visitors are requested to use disinfectant stations located around the centre.
- Change rooms and toilets to be cleaned every two hours with signed job list on change room exits.
- Swim School parents advised to bring children in warm clothes due to request not to shower afterwards. There is a shower on pool deck to quickly shower to rinse off under before lessons.
- Parents to advise name of student on entry to Concierge and walk through to lessons. Providing name at end of class to staff on the exit door and vacate via Fire Exit door in competition pool.
- Staff will indicate the direction for parents to walk to be seated on the bleachers to avoid any bottle neck areas at the end of the lanes.
- Swimming lessons will be provided in either the lane pool or wave pool depending on numbers and the wave pool will have lane ropes in to keep classes separate.
- Parents will be unable to stay and play after lesson and must vacate immediately due to restrictions on building numbers and closed toddler and wave pool for recreational play.
- There will be no sauna, steam room.
- Group classes (ie) will still be provided for customers and appropriate management of the lanes will be maintained. There will be maximum numbers for the classes as public lanes and school lanes still to be accessed.
DD Membership & DD Swimming Lessons
- Memberships & Learn to Swim DDs can held on suspension by e mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- DDs will automatically restart on May 18th unless notification is received as above
- Swim School parents can hold their credit until end of Term 4. Those parents wishing to not attend classes in Term 2 can come back Term 3 however places in classes may not be guaranteed. Parents need to advise via email if not attending term lessons for scheduling purposes.
Update - 19/03/2020 11:00am
As the COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid rate, we continue to closely monitor the situation.
The key measure which relates to health, fitness and leisure facilities includes:
‘Settings like gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools are not required to close at this time providing they meet these requirements for social distancing and hand hygiene. Such venues should take actions to ensure regular high standards of environmental cleaning take place.’
In line with this measure, the following measures must be practiced by all who visit our Centre, including our staff:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons
- Keep up high hygiene practices, including using hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles need to be available, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
It’s important to remember that maintaining our physical and mental health is extremely important on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, we’d like to remind you that the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene are being maintained within our facilities. This includes:
- Updated signage: we’ve updated in-centre signage to include the latest information and hygiene practices as advised by the New Zealand Government
- Additional cleaning of the facility throughout the day; including frequent sanitisation of surfaces, bathrooms and other areas.
- Additional sanitisers and antibacterial products for your use
- Daily staff meetings, ensuring everyone is up to date with the latest information
Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you updated with any changes and developments as they occur.
Update - 17/03/2020 5:00pm
We have been closely monitoring the escalating coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community and across the country.
We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised. However, we are aware of the potential for an infection within our facility and would like to update you on the precautionary measures that we have taken within our facility.
We understand that some of these measures may be inconvenient, but they have been put in place to ensure that we are doing everything possible to proactively prevent an outbreak within our facility.
Please note that the measures listed below are being reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with advice from the government and World Health Organisation.
Hygiene Action Plan
- Signage in facilities displaying up-to-date health alerts, hygiene advice and other essential information
- Showering and washing prior to entering the pool
- Please use hand-wash facilities in the bathroom
- For anyone experiencing flu, cough and cold symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting the facility.
- If you did visit the facility when you were unwell, we ask that you advise the facility manager by phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our responsibility to minimise risk of transmission within our facility to our team and members.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
What are we doing to minimise health risks in-Centre?
The Centre will be vigilant in implementing infection control procedures including daily cleaning in accordance with normal protocols, the promotion of healthy hygiene habits and will make hand sanitiser available for staff and patrons to use while using the Centre.
What information and advice will help our members?
For now, the best advice is to follow some simple steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection.
Follow the information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, from Department of Health website
Can I suspend my membership, given the current situation?
All swim school memberships, Aquatic memberships and visit passes can be put on free suspension, please contact the Centre team to manage this.
If I have or am undergoing a period of self-isolation, what happens to my membership?
If you are showing symptoms or have been recommended by a Health Professional to self isolate, you should be staying at home and minimising contact with others. Please contact the Centre team to discuss managing your membership where you are uncertain of your options.
What happens to Swim School sessions I have booked?
If you have any Swim School lessons booked, please contact the Centre.